Friday, October 2, 2009

A most wonderful dinner!

So tonight I made these two wonderful recipes from The Pioneer Woman, and they were insanely good!  First is this one grilled ribeye steak with onion blue cheese sauce.  This was amazing!  So rich, so creamy...SO GOOD!  I had issues with the gas grill so my Dad ended up grilling them and I forgot to tell him to NOT use season salt, so this time it was too salty but still SO DELISH!!  We also had Rosemary and onion bread with blue cheese topping. This bread was tricky, but worth it! When the recipe says it's sticky, it's not kidding! I thought this was going to be a total bust because I couldn't handle the dough without it sticking to everything...and not just a little! But when all was said and done it was amazingly moist and full of flavor! I also made a few changes to the bread recipe. The recipe calls for 3 cups of bread flour. I only had 1 1/2 cups of all purpose so I used that and 1/2 cup soy flour and one cup whole wheat flour. I added a bit more water also, but I'm not sure it was necessary (it could be why it was so sticky for me), but then again the bread ended up moist and wonderful! So if you are looking for a fairly easy and incredibly delicious meal for any special occasion, or just because it's Friday and pay day was Wednesday..then try these recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment